Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Breakfast Delight

So I developed my first healthy recipe. I woke up on Saturday and was going to make some breakfast. Usually on Saturdays I do either waffles or pancakes or something like that. I decided that I wanted to do something a little healthier. My wife and I were talking the night before how she bought our daughter some spinach and sun dried tomato pasta. That got me thinking. So I made an omelette with spinach, sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese. In my completely biased opinion, I thought it was pretty dang good!! So I thought I'd share. Let me know what you think.

Spinach and Sun Dried Tomato Omelette

3 Eggs (or egg whites if you prefer)
A handful of spinach chopped up fine
1 teaspoon of sun dried tomato chapped fine
1/8 c feta cheese
1/2 t Parmesan herb seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Mix eggs, spinach, and sun dried tomato and beat until mixed completely.
2. In a small omelette pan over medium heat, add egg mixture and cover bottom of pan with egg mixture.
3. Allow eggs to cook for 2-3 minutes and flip. I use a rubber spatula to help the flipping process.
4. Put feta cheese on omelette and add whatever other ingredients you would like. Vegetables, ham, etc.
5. After cooking for a couple more minutes fold in half an put on plate. I like to nuke mine in the microwave for about 30 additional seconds to make sure the cheese is melted.
6. Serve with salsa and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment